Available From: 4 September 2012
- This issue we're celebrating a host of Star Wars anniversaries and milestones, including: 5 years of Star Wars: The Clone Wars; 10 years of Attack of the Clones and 35 years of A New Hope.
- We publish a previously unseen interview with a young Carrie Fisher, from January 1977!
- Actress Jamie King, a.k.a. Star Wars: The Clone Wars' enigmatic bounty hunter Aurra Sing, tells us about her Star Wars.
- We present a previously unpublished interview with Industrial Light & Magic's Joe Johnston - the Visual Effects Art Director on the original trilogy.
- Scroll down to see a taster of other awesome content this issue...
Keep Calm and Carrie On
Before Star Wars first hit the theaters, Charles Lippincott, Lucasfilm Vice President of Marketing and Merchandising, talked with many of the key cast and crew on the making of the film. When Lippincott spoke with Carrie Fisher on January 4, 1977, they discussed the young stars' interests in old films, comic books, and literature, about becoming an actress - and on being silly.
Insider Exclusive! Never-before-seen storyboards from Episode II. The action picks up just after the battle in the Geonisan arena. As Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padmé race to intercept Count Dooku, their gunship is struck by a stray laser bolt...
Back to the Drawing Board
Last issue we presented a never-before-published interview with the late Ralph McQuarrie, who discussed his life and his work on the original Star Wars movie. The second part of this chat is courtesy of ILM General Manager Thomas G. Smith, who spoke to Ralph McQuarrie in 1984 for his book, Industrial Light & Magic: The Art of Special Effects.
Celebration V Thru the Lens
CG and Lighting Supervisor Joel Aron's amazing work on Star Wars: The Clone Wars is as groundbreaking as it is beautiful, so when he roamed the hall of Celebration V with his trusty camera, something special was bound to happen - check out his portfolio this issue!
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 DVD
The Complete fourth season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars hits DVD and Blu-ray on October 23. All 22 episodes will be available in unparalleled depth and clarity, as well as a host of exclusives - join us for a sneak peek!